Amtico PS – Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Glue Tub
Pressure Sensitive Adhesive is an adhesive which bonds only when pressure is applied to it – this makes it ideal for fixing Amtico and all other ranges of vinyl flooring. Amtico Pressure Sensitive Adhesive is solvent-free, non-flammable and protected against bio-degradation and mould growth.
Amtico Pressure Sensitive Adhesive can be used over concrete, sand/cement screed, levelling compounds, plywood, and many other substrates that have been suitably prepared. The substrate must be sound, smooth, dry, absorbent, level and free of any contamination that may affect adhesion. Asphalt, waterproof membranes and non-absorbent surfaces such as granolithic, terrazzo and quarry tiles must be skimmed with a minimum of 3mm of an appropriate levelling compound.
Product Specifications & Key Features:
- Available in: 6 Litre & 14 Litre Tub capacity
- Colour: Light Green
- Consistency: Viscous Liquid
- Specific Gravity: 1.25
- Coverage: 300 grams per m² (3 – 3.5m² per kg) using the A2 notched spreader, depending on the condition and absorbency of the subfloor.
- General Coverage:
- 6kg coverage: approx 20m²
- 14kg coverage: approx 45m²
- Working Time: Up to 3 hours, depending on the temperature, humidity and absorbency of the subfloor.
- Storage Temperature: Between 5°C and 30°C. The product is freeze-thaw stable but prolonged exposure to frost should be avoided.
- Shelf Life: 24 months in unopened containers, stored under good conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: This Adhesive is not advised to use in areas subject to high temperatures or exposure to water. For areas that are subject to large variations in temperature or where under-floor heating is installed, Amtico HT Adhesive should be used.