General Purpose Silicone Sealant – Black (280ml)
General-purpose silicone is a high-modulus silicone sealant that adheres to most smooth and non-porous materials. Multi-Purpose acetoxy cure silicone sealant that cures quickly to provide a permanently flexible, high-strength waterproof seal.
It contains a fungicide to protect the sealant against the growth of bacteria, mildew and black mould that are commonly found in areas of high humidity. Forms a permanently flexible rubber seal. Has low viscosity for fast application.
Product Specifications & Key Features:
- Size: 280ml tube
- Colour: Black
- Coverage: 10 linear metres 9 x 9 mm fillet joint
Areas for Use:
- Sealing glass to glass
- Sealing glass to aluminium and metal sealing
- Sealing around baths, showers, basins and other sanitary ware
- As an adhesive for fixing Pvcu trims, cladding and panels
- Sealing around worktops and laminates
- Cap glazing to metal, timber and Pvcu window frames, and pointing around window and door Frames
- For aluminium gutter sealing
- General draught proofing
Direction for Use:
Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using fill and fix expanding foam, or joint backer rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three-sided adhesion will impair flexibility.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply the nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45° with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. The best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed.
Smooth down within 10 minutes of application. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down using a spatula or piece of wood wetted with a soap and water solution. An improved appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape on both sides of the joint and removing it within 5 minutes of application.
- Not for use in aquarium manufacture
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt
- Not for use on highly porous surfaces such as new concrete or stonework
- Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticisers
- Do not use in the vicinity of, or in conjunction with the edge sealant of double-glazed units
- Do not use for perimeter pointing of uPVC
- Do not use on soft metals such as lead and brass
Shelf Life & Storage:
24 months in original unopened containers. Store in cool, dry conditions between 5°C and 25°C.